Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kind suggestion

As an at-home sales consultant, our parties are our business. When we don't do a party, we don't make money, and that kind of hinders the whole eating, paying rent thing.

Please, don't cancel on us. When someone books a Party with me, she can almost be guaranteed that I will be there unless there is some awful emergency (sick beyond belief, death in family, accident) and even then, I will try to get another rep to do it for her.

If a hostess must reschedule, I ask that she do it as soon as possible so that I have enough time to find someone else to fill the original spot and get her booked for a date that works better for her. No huge deal.

I can be an understanding person when there are circumstances beyond a hostess's control -- family issues, etc.

Please don't cancel on me just because the weather is nice and you want to go out drinking with your friends. You've made an appointment with me, please keep that appointment. When the party is over, go out and party your face off. Enjoy the rest of the day! I'd be right there as well if I didn't have another party to go to straight after.

Just understand that when someone cancels on me at the last possible moment, that puts a damper on my income and this is my full-time job. And when that party is on a day that is wanted by many, those who wanted that date as well miss out, ya know?

I just ask that my hostesses keep the date they booked with me. It'll be a great time and your friends will thank you for it. And, your body just might thank you for it as well. ;-)

That's my gripe for the day. Sorry.

No comments: