Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I was AUCTIONED OFF!

On Nov. 17th, I participated in the State College Young Professionals' "Fall Collection: A Date Auction" to benefit our local Second Mile. And yes, I was one of 20 people being auctioned off for "dates".

Our goal was to raise $4,000. Some thought it was a pretty lofty goal. Could we actually pull it off?

Oh, WE DID! We raised over $4,200 with just the winning bids alone! :-) That didn't include the portion of the cover charge that was going to the charity as well! How awesome is that?! :-)

I'd love to thank everyone that came out to support us. Even if you didn't win or bid, just coming and paying cover helped us exceed our goal.

I'd love to thank the folks at the Cellblock for letting us use the club for the auction and for providing everyone with such awesome service!

THANK YOU to the local restaurants and businesses that donated gift certificates for the "dates".

I'd love to thank the fellow auctionees for putting themselves up on the auction block. I definitely don't mine making a fool out of myself for a good cause (this was the second date auction I participated in -- the first was for a THON fundraiser). Plus, I think we all got some great "date" activities. :-)

And, I'd love to THANK the folks from the SCYP who put the entire event together! It ran so smoothly and looked effortless.

No comments: