Friday, August 19, 2011

YOU can become a company backer (AND get a luxury toy out of it)

Have you heard of a company called "CRAVE" yet?

If you'd been reading stories from the likes of "Wired" during the last few days, chances are you may have read a blurb.

CRAVE has created a new luxury pleasure product that they call "Duet".  Totally waterproof, practically silent, and USB-rechargeable.  Aaaand... depending on which model you'd go with, you could have 8GB or 16GB to store files on your vibe!

I'm also lucky enough to know the two folks behind this product. ;-)

CRAVE decided to go a different route when it comes to launching this product.  They're going thru CKIE, a funding platform similar to Kickstarter, to get the funding to get "Duet" off the ground.  You have the opportunity to back the company by making a donation and in exchange you could receive your own "Duet".

What is pretty incredible to me is that not even halfway thru their first week of fundraising, they reached 100% of their goal!  They've now exceeded the goal and still have over a month of fundraising to go.  Thank goodness because I'm eyeing up the $150 donation so I can get my hands on one of the 100 exclusive early-release 8GB pieces that are part of the special serialized CKIE designer edition.  I'm kind of a sucker for exclusive things sometimes.  

And for me to get one of only 100 early-release pleasure products?  I must... have one.  But I also have to wait until after a few parties to have the extra moolah to send in my donation.  I hope there will be one left for me at the rate their fundraising has been going.

You still have the opportunity to make a donation and get your own "Duet".  You can donate until the end of the donation period.  Just click here to learn more about the company and project, and to make your own donation.

Many CONGRATULATIONS to CRAVE for their awesome fundraising skills! 

You can follow CRAVE on Twitter: @followcrave
Follow me on Twitter: @PleasurePamela

No comments: