Saturday, March 29, 2008

WE Tv's "Secret Lives of Women"

I've recently discovered WE Network's "Secret Lives of Women" on my OnDemand.

I just finished watching an episode about fetishes and I'm watching one about polygamy/plural marriages right now...

All I can say is that it's been an educating experience, especially this episode about polygamy. Some of it's kind of scary. They're showing the different sects of this kind of lifestyle. Did you know that 35,000 people in the U.S. practice polygamy?

I mean, I don't want to be one to judge. When it comes to people's lifestyles, as long as you're happy and not hurting anyone, all the more power to you. But, I'm hearing a story about a girl who grew up in this kind of family, she grew up and her stepfather ended up marrying her. What?!?! And this man who got sexually aroused by some talk about God?!?!

There was also a different kind of plural family lifestyle shown.. the more "normal" style I guess... these ladies seemed a bit more together. Not as scary as the other group.

But yes, there is a stereotype of this kind of lifestyle and I do feel bad for some of these families who feel they have to hide their lifestyle/beliefs because they'll be persecuted by the "normal" folks.

I do appreciate these women for coming out and telling their side of the story.

Anyway, enough of that...

Onto the fetishes... again, whatever floats your boat. If it turns you on and you have someone who will do it for you, then fantastic! There's a fetish for just about everything in this world. Not everyone is turned on by what society calls the "norm".

I enjoy finding out about what's out there and what people are turned on by. I might not all be a turn on for me, but hey, it's a turn on for them. As long as you're not hurting anyone (well, unless you're spanking and flogging), go for it!

No comments: