Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"For Your Pleasure" Annual Convention

I'm sitting in the Philadelphia Airport right now as I write this up. Just a 3 1/2 hour layover on my way back to State College from Vegas. I've just spent the last few days there for the 2011 For Your Pleasure Convention.

Now, even though we are in the business of slinging pleasure products, that's not the only thing our conventions are about. We actually go to network and learn how to better our businesses. Slinging toys is a business after all. And of course, Convention attendees get a sneak preview of the newest products we've added to our collection and that's one of my personal favorite things.

This year, I was asked to assist in the new product showroom to help answer any questions the other consultants may have about them. I'm the nerdy consultant who likes to do research on products. I had to think quick on my feet because I didn't know what we picked up until I arrived in Vegas and saw the supplement. It did help that I'd already known about a lot of what was in the room.

And boy, oh boy, is there some fabulous stuff! I'll get to that in a bit. ;-)

I arrived in Vegas Friday morning after pulling an all-nighter and taking the first flight out of University Park Airport. I think I may have slept an hour on the plane. I know I was tired cuz I slept thru takeoff from Philly. I had trouble sleeping well because the guy two seats over from me had his iPod turned up so loud I could hear everything except the actual words of the music he was listening to. Yes, even over the plane's engine.

Word of advice, have some consideration for people around you when you travel.

Anyway, I took the shuttle to our convention hotel and let me tell you, I was a little nervous about South Point Hotel being so far from the Strip, but once I got there, I didn't care. Not at convention to Party. I'm there to learn how to better my business.

Plus, South Point pretty much had everything I'd need -- affordable prices at the restaurants (including a 24-hour joint or two), pool, and even bowling and a movie theater. I would need to leave the hotel at all.

Training days were great. Our speakers included Michael Losier (author of "The Law of Attraction") who spoke about Fulfillment Needs, the basis of his third book and we were fortunate enough to be his first audience for the topic. And we had Tammy Stanley speak both days to give us a swift kick in our asses on ways to boost our businesses and better our relationships with customers.

I'd have to say that one of the great things we were offered was information from our own Advisory Board members. Demos from two of them and Round Tables both days. The two years I was on the AB I didn't get to experience other board members' Round Table topics, so of course I was excited about actually checking them out this year.

I've walked away from this year's Convention with so many more ideas to implement into my business. And of course a little fire under my ass, which is what I always need at this time of year.

So just what NEW PRODUCTS did we add?

Here are a few:




These Toyfriends! Yay! Silicone, waterproof, batteries included, and super-fun!  Which Toyfriend are YOU? (review of "Bubbly" - the first guy on the left - coming soon.) I've already posted a review of "Mystic" - the little blue guy on the end)






"MiMi" from Je Joue. Rechargeable, waterproof, silicone, and AWESOME! And as a Hostess Exclusive, she could be yours for only $45! (review coming soon)













We've added these elegant pieces from LELO's "Insignia"line. This is "Soraya". The "Insignia" line is waterproof and rechargeable.









We've even added some gorgeous glass pieces from Pipedream!

Oh man, so much more but too much for my poor phone to handle.

~ Pleasure Pamela
************************************

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: