Thursday, June 23, 2011

ANE 2011

So it's official... I'll be attending the AVN Adult Novelty Expo in Pasadena!  Flight is booked and I have floor space to crash on.  I can't believe I'm going!  But I've decided that I have to be there.

I attended last year's event (that whole car accident right before I had to drive to Miami. yes, drive) and it was an eye-opener because I met some amazing people behind some of the brands that For Your Pleasure carries, made some great connections, saw some awesome products, and learned a ton.

This year's event is going to be different.  They've invited reviewers, bloggers, sex educators and the like to come out and mingle with the manufacturers and such.  I'm so happy.

It's great that people understand how important folks on the frontlines play a big role in getting those products sold.  These are folks who talk.  We learn about the materials and soak in other information so we can go out there and TALK about products the manufacturers are coming out with.  I feel as if the public wants to be more educated about what they're putting on and in their bodies and that's where we come into play.

I think that the better educated my customers are, the more empowered they are.  They'll be able to select a product a little easier... or at least narrow it down.  I'm here to help them.  I like to say that I'm like a personal shopper for toys instead of clothes. 

Of course I'd love it if every customer would buy the $150 toy, but if in all honesty, it's not the best product for them from what they tell me they're looking for, I'll help them select something else.  And when they're happy with the first piece, they'll come back for that $150 toy.  I don't want my customers wasting money on something they'll never use and/or get pleasure from.  I'm in the business of pleasure and I want them to be happy.

So anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting some of the awesome sex educators I've heard about and sharing some great information while I soak in what I can.  The seminars are looking pretty sweet!

And, I'm feeling really grateful that there are folks who are excited that I've decided to come out.  It's nice to be wanted, ya know?

No comments: