Friday, May 13, 2011

The nerd in me

This past weekend was the 50th Annual AAUW Used Booksale and the bookworm in me gets so excited for it every year! 
Well over 100,000 books to choose from and all were DONATED over the year. Yep, what do people do when they're done with a trashy romance novel or sci-fi? Donate it! Especially if it's been passed down enough.
I made out like a bandit going on full-price day, 1/2-price day, AND Bag Day ($5 per bag of books). In total, I got over $750 worth of books for $50! Woo hoo!

I spent quite a bit of time in the Business & Economics section. Most of the paperbacks I bought will be sent overseas to troops so they have something to read if they have the downtime and want to escape to a different world.

Seeing all of those romance novels kind of makes me want to write a couple. I guess you can really only read it once and pass it on to get another cuz isn't the thrill gone once you read it? ;-)

Books are awesome. I'm proud to be a nerd. :-)


~ Pleasure Pamela
************************************

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: