Thursday, May 26, 2011

Setting Me Up...

I love my friends.

I love that I can count on them.  Well, most of them.

And I love that they like me so much that they want to set me up with one of their friends because they want me to be in a happy and healthy relationship.  (Or according to a couple, at least fucking the people that they can't so they can live vicariously thru me).  I appreciate their thoughtfulness and I'm grateful for them and their attempts.

But, I would hope that some know me well enough to know what type of guy to try to set me up with.  Sometimes I have to wonder when I hear the description of their "awesome buddy".  "Do you really think he'll make it thru the night without me strangling him?" is a thought that goes thru my head sometimes.  It's either that or "Uhhh... do you even know me??"

I know this is the longest that I've been single, but I really don't miss the relationship thing.  And I have some great friends in my life who had been single for even longer than this and they're still alive, normal, and happily in awesome relationships.  If I meet the right guy, I could reconsider the whole relationship thing.  You never know.

I really do appreciate my friends for even thinking of me and for wanting to set me up with their friends.  That means something to me.  It's like they think that we're matches for each other and we really would have a great time.  Cuz who wants to be the friend who set their other friend up with a shitty date, right?

I want and like this time to myself.  That's how I feel.  And like I've said before, I just can't be bothered to try to date these days.  I can't even be bothered to have sex!  Whoa.  Did I really just say that?  Yeah, I did.  I've got my toys, after all.  And if I meet someone really awesome, I could set the toys aside... for a little while anyway.

No comments: