Friday, April 8, 2011

A Birthday Gift



So today (Thursday) was my birthday. 35. WTF???! Where the hell did it come from?? Seriously?!?!

I can honestly tell you that I wasn't even thinking about doing anything to celebrate really. 35?!?! I need some time to recover.

While still in bed, I grabbed my phone and logged onto Facebook. It was really find a bunch of birthday greetings waiting for me. I'm so blessed to have some really awesome people in my life.

I did receive an pretty awesome and surprising phone call from a friend who sang "Happy Birthday" to me over the phone. Made me a little teary because that was something my godmother would do every year and last year was the first time I went without that phone call, so that was really sweet of him.

I was treated to a yummy piece of locally-made tiramisu at my friend Dave's restaurant. Boy, does he know the way to my heart. ;-)

The rest of the afternoon was spent running a couple more errands and not doing work stuff. It was my birthday and I wasn't going to do work, so hopefully people understand. I answer e-mails in the middle of the night, while I'm out with friends and while I'm in bed (my phone is pretty much attached to my hand) so I deserve a day off from all of it here and there.

By the end of the day, I did want to spend some time with friends. Food + Friends is one of my favorite things. So Faccia Luna was on the agenda.

Faccia's vodka sauce is scrumptious.

And I love presents! Who doesn't, right? One of the great gifts I received was this "Love Listography". I love lists. I don't know why. Is that weird. But I also love love. I'm forever the romantic, as much as I try to find it.

I think this book is a great thing because I can actually put things down on paper and it'll help me focus on the things that I do want, along with some great memories of past relationships and loves.

The other book I was given is a book journal -- a journal for me to write down all of the books I read (or audiobooks that I listen to) so I can remember the good and bad about a particular story. I've read so many books and listened to so many that I've forgotten some of them.

Yay! Thanks to my awesome friends!





No comments: