Saturday, April 16, 2011

Some common courtesy please

So this post is a bitching post because well, sometimes I need to vent.

I did a Party the other night and it would've been nice if some of the guests had just some common courtesy for my hostesses, the other guests, and me. That is what is starting this tangent.

It's all about arriving to the event on time.

My e-vites let guests know the START TIME of the event, along with a note to please arrive early so we can start on time. Start Time = when I will start doing the Party. Duh. Start Time does NOT mean when to show up nor does it mean it might start then.

People who show up super-late, hold up the Party sometimes. Or if they show up when I'm already halfway thru, expect me to re-explain what I had already gone thru for everyone else.

Latecomers are showing no courtesy to the guests who arrived on time nor to the hostesses. They're making us waste our time, which in the end is affecting my income because I have to sit there and wait for them, too.

And then we have those guests who ask me to go over the stuff I've gone over already because they just couldn't get there on time and get upset because I won't go over products. "I'm sorry, I've already gone over it and you couldn't be bothered to be there so I can't be bothered to do another demo just for you." I can't waste my time, especially if I have another Party to get to that day.

Yes, I understand that sometimes there are reasons for people to be late and those are the folks who actually give my hostesses a heads up ahead of time and I tend to be a bit more lenient to them.

Oh, and then we have those folks who have shown up an hour late (when they live not even 10 minutes away from my hostess) and then have the nerve to leave halfway thru! Really? Really?? So annoying.

I'm talking about the people who seem to show up whenever they feel like it. My hostesses are left sitting there wondering when they'll show up, if they show up at all.

And that leads me to those folks who RSVP with my hostesses that they're attending and then just don't show. That's just damn annoying. It is. My hostesses and I get ourselves ready for the Party. My hostesses are buying and prepping refreshments for the number of people who say they're going to attend. That's money being spent. If she's prepping for 2o or so people to show up and then maybe half show, that's her money down the drain. If you weren't planning on attending, don't say "yes" and flake out. She's banking on you actually attending. As am I.

THIS is how I make my living. I don't do this as a hobby or a side job. I eat, I pay my bills, I live off of this money.

My hostess is counting on you to actually show up and order something so that she can get all of the products that she wants for free. I always feel really bad for my hostesses who end up with a bad party. I've seen Parties with 15 guests where most of those guests just show up, eat her food, drink her booze, and then leave without ordering a damn thing and her Party doesn't even hit $200! Seriously?!?! I've heard some not-so-nice words escape my hostesses' lips whenever that has happened.

See, I've seen Parties with just 5 guests and sales of $1,000 so it's not just the number in attendance. It's the kind of guests.

They've been invited to the Party to have a great time with their friends, but they're also expected to order something when they show up. That's how these Parties work. Again, my hostesses are banking on their order so they can get their freebies.

So that's my rant. Just had to do it.

No comments: