Friday, April 1, 2011

Sperm-friendly

I wanted to write this from my laptop but it decided that its theme for the night would be "not responding". I seriously wanted to throw it out the window.

I was finally able to get my uploaded Vistaprint images onto various products for work (after having Troy from 3twenty9 Design send me several versions of my illustration to me) and then it froze. Well, Firefox and then Internet Explorer froze. Grrr... I had Party invitations that I had to send out. Even Tweetdeck froze.

I'm going to keep MacBook-dreamin'. And then perhaps punch my laptop in the face when I do get a MacBook.

Anyway... I wanted to write about a question a recent Party guest had for me the other week.

She asked if the lubes I show (Sliquid Swirl, Sliquid Silver, and the For Your Pleasure Waterslide) were sperm-friendly. Huh? I'd never been asked that question before. I knew they were spermicidal lubes since we don't carry lubes like that because they can be irritating to a lot of women, so they didn't necessarily kill sperm. What in the world was she talking about?

She began to fill me in on her situation: she and her husband have been trying to conceive and were told that for couples who have had more of a difficult time getting pregnant, everyday lubes can be bad for sperm. They were told to use a specific brand that's sperm-friendly. But they don't like it because it has a bad smell. I can understand why she would be looking into other lubes. If something smells bad to you, how is that suppose to help you stay in the mood for sex, right?

I went home and scoped out the lube she's been using, "Pre-Seed" and did a little research but I found a lot of jargon that I didn't get, so I knew I would have to ask a medical professional about this.

Have YOU heard of sperm-friendly lubes? The lubes I show are glycerine-free and some are also paraben-free so they are more healthy for the female body, but sperm-friendly is certainly a first for me.

~ Pleasure Pamela
************************************

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: