Friday, April 22, 2011

The Vagina Monologues


Last night was the first performance of Eve Ensler's "Vagina Monologues" and it was a PACKED house!

So awesome!

I was so nervous playing emcee, that I felt like I needed to be holding a vibrator so I'd be more comfortable in front of such a big crowd. :-p

The ladies (and gent) in the cast did such an amazing job! I know during one of the monologues, I saw a man in the audience wipe his eyes because he was crying. It moved him that.

It was great to see familiar faces in the audience. It was great to see such a positive response.

Some of the topics were serious, but some were funny. And I believe that there was something in there that every woman could relate to.

Donations were accepted at the door to help raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, as well as a Silent Auction for a couple incredible donated gifts.

One of the gifts was the "Freestyle:G" from the wonderful folks at OhMiBod. I think folks were all giggly about it at first when they saw it was a vibrator but when we explained how awesome it is, being such a perfect pairing of technology and pleasure, people were bidding!

We had an ecstatic winner last night and there will be another winner at TONIGHT'S show! The "Freestyle:G" won't be the only gift either. The giving folks at McLanahan's donated some sweet Penn State items to the show as well! I kinda want one of the items myself!

Hope to see you tonight! Tonight @ 7pm in 102 Forum

There's also a show tomorrow @ 2pm in 102 Forum, but I won't be there cuz I have a wedding (tell you more about that at another time).



~ Pleasure Pamela
************************************

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: