Sunday, April 3, 2011

This Dating Thing...

Back in January I'd decided, that after months and months, I was going to dip my toe back into the dating pool. But after just two dates - one of which resulted in me wearing a wrist brace for over a month and the other revealing just a tad too much information up front (including that he had Googled me and found out what I do for a living), I kind of pulled myself out of it for a bit.

I don't want to discuss what I do for living right away because I want someone who wants to be with me because of me. And if he doesn't want to be with me, I want it to be because we're not a match. I don't want it to be because I am the "sex toy lady" for either case.

I began thinking that dating just requires too much of my time. I'm looking for someone to fit into my life with ease. Someone who doesn't whine about my independence, my work schedule, and my undomesticness (I know that's not a real world, but just go with it). Someone who actually likes toys and doesn't think about trying to get me to quit. Someone who's the support that I need and will be there if I need him to be.

Actually, part of me just doesn't want to put the work into dating. Is that bad?

This is the longest that I've been single since I was 17 years old and I've been enjoying it.

Gees, what am I going to do when one night I have to share a bed with a straight boy? What if it's my bed? I like sleeping alone in my bed. I've FINALLY just started to work my way into the center of my bed!

If I wanna get my snuggle time in with a boy, I have a boy I can snuggle with and not worry about him trying to poke me somewhere. I mean, it's nice to snuggle up to someone sometimes.

It'll be back to the drawing board sooner or later... I'll have to see...

No comments: